Monday, May 2, 2011

Too Sore to Run

So, as I mentioned on Friday, my plan was to take Saturday and Sunday off from running, and start my thirty minute runs today.  I was really sore on Friday, still sore on Saturday, and feeling a bit better yesterday...until I decided it was necessary to assemble the raised bed in my back garden.

Plus, because I'm awesome, I'd tweaked my back while putting on deodorant yesterday (no, I'm not sure how that happened), so I was sore to begin with.  And clearing out an 11' x 3' section of yard from weeds and snakes (yes, there was a snake) was exhausting.  I followed that with assembling the bed, and moving roughly 1,000 pounds of dirt (no exaggeration) into it.  I was feeling sore last night, but this morning, I was really feeling it.

My arms are really sore and tired, but I don't need them for running. I do however need my hamstrings, which are also right at about pre-spasm level.  And my back is killing me.

So I mentioned on Facebook that I thought I'd be taking an unscheduled day off, and a friend suggested that I walk the 5k distance instead - it would be good for me to do it, and I wouldn't totally be taking the day off.  So I did.  I ended up walking 3.48 miles in 53 minutes (about a 15:12 pace, not bad) and I'm glad I did.  I'm still all kinds of sore, but at least I moved my body today, which should help me be less sore for tomorrow....when I MUST run.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment