Saturday, February 26, 2011

Running on an Off Day

So, I didn't run yesterday.

We had a high wind warning for the area (along with rain all day), and the last time we had a warning of equal intensity (i.e. last weekend), there were power lines down and debris.  So I thought it best to stay safe and run today instead.

Of course, I'm still having trouble sleeping and I did NOT want to get up this morning.  I was so tired, and I knew I was driving up to my parents' today, so I also knew I needed sleep so as not to doze off at the wheel.

I slept in later than I wanted to, and debated not running.  But I figured that running would be a good way to wake up and get my body moving, so I forced myself to do it.

And it was a tough one.  It was chilly today, but not terrible, but my chest was burning, my legs were so tired, and I wanted to quit so many times.  But since I've done this before, I knew that I was capable of it, and I just needed to push through the exhaustion

I was so glad I did.  My body is SORE tonight, but I did the run, it did help to energize me, and I felt like I stuck to my commitment, which was a good feeling.

I need to keep remembering that when I most feel like I don't want to run is when I see the most benefit.  Sure, it was terrible while I was running and I felt like keeling over, but after I got home, ate some oatmeal and took a shower, I felt like a new woman.  Good stuff.

Let's see how things go when I ramp it up next week.

And if you're wondering, I am down by 2.8 pounds as of today - definitely less than I'd hoped for this week, but I've found it takes a good six weeks to see major changes when I commit to eating healthy and working out, so I've got another four weeks left.  Still working hard at the eating well - I cooked every night this week, even when I didn't feel like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment